27 Web Video Facts
1. According to Dr. James McQuivery of Forrester, the value of a one-minute web video equals to 1.8 million words.
2. About 46% of people say they are more likely to look for more information about a service or a product after seeing it in a web video.
3. Over 50% of the Internet traffic is video content.
4. Over 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month. YouTube has undoubtedly become the second largest search engine after Google.
5. Web video promotion is 6 times more effective than ordinary print and direct mail.
6. Video appears in 70% of the top 100 search listings
7. 52% of consumers say that watching a product web video a service makes them more confident in their online purchase.
8. With the right optimization, web video content increases the chances of front-page results by 53 times.
9. If a web video is information-intensive 66% of viewers will watch it two or more times.
10. 60% of visitors watch web video before reading the whole text on the same webpage.
11. Approximately 75% of all Internet user interact with web video ads in a month.
12. If viewers enjoy a web video, their willingness to buy rises by 97% and the brand association by 139%.
13. 144% of all visitors are more likely to buy a product after seeing a web video.
14. The equivalent of 100 hours of video is uploaded each minute.
15. Retail sites with videos increase conversion by 30%.
16. With a video, you retain 95% of the message, with only 10% from text.
17. Over 6 billion hours of video are being watched each month on YouTube—that is almost an hour for every person on Earth and 50% more than last year.
18. People are 75% more likely to watch video than read print.
19. 68% of the top 50 internet retailers use web video on their websites.
20. Most people prefer watching a 2-minute video presentation than read for 10 minutes.
21. Mobile and tablet owners are 3 times as likely to view a video as laptop or desktop users.
22. 85% people would rather watch a web video than read the rest of the text on the page.
23. 20% of your viewers will click away from a web video in 10 seconds or fewer. No matter how long your video is, a third of the viewers will be gone after 30 seconds, 45% after 1 minute and only 40% left after 2 minutes.
24. Web video ranks as the second best in terms of return of investment for content marketing at 51.9% (Featured articles are first at 62.2%).
25. 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
26. 44% of online customers ‘strongly agree’ that they are purchasing more products after viewing a related video.
27. Video and e-mail marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%